My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

I'm a junior English/Philosophy major who's looking forward to my senior year and looking back on the path that led me here

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Accountability?

Seriously, I haven't written on this blog for a month. Sad. I guess that's what happens when your internet accessibility depends on phone calls to your best friend and your lunch breaks at work. Not really enough time for blog accountability.

At any rate - I'm in the process of looking for a good chicken recipe for tomorrow. The SJC crew is stopping by for dinner so that we can talk about our summer, our thoughts about next year, and so that I can lay out some plans of my own for the 2006 - 2007 schoolyear. I'm also still filing my FASFA. And consolidating my student loans. And trying to be discerning about the many directions my life could take, all of them good.

Every day, Erin and I pray midmorning and midafternoon prayer with each other - I guess that midafternoon prayer is especially in my mind because I lead afternoon prayer every day, but I'm especially struck at how these psalms center on the rebuilding of Jerusalem, on the future renewal of Israel's home city, and I'm especially struck (again) by how these psalms of bitter memory (oppression, colonization, the Jews as refugees in their own land) are also infused with blessing:

Psalm 126:

Deliver us, o Lord, from our bondage
as streams in dry land.
Those who are sowing in tears
will sing when they reap.

I wonder what that would be like to pray in Africa.

Peace to you,
Allison

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Psalm 126 is definitely my favorite prayer of the day, Allison. It strikes me every time we read it...

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home