My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

I'm a junior English/Philosophy major who's looking forward to my senior year and looking back on the path that led me here

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

twenty two

So I'm turning twenty two in sixteen minutes.

I'm actually excited, probably the most excited I've ever been about a birthday - twenty two feels more like a step forward and backward at the same time. I feel younger, freer, than I've ever felt in my whole life, and yet more prepared, stronger, able to endure more than I can expect.

I've already posted "Forever Young" on this blog; part of my birthday ritual celebration is to play that song loudly when I wake up in the morning. It's my song of blessing, and I hope to hear it more openly, expectantly, than I ever have before.

I hope that I have a good year, and that good things come for others and myself.

I hope that I feel Jesus walking with me more.

I hope that my parents get jobs, that my sister finds expression and release in healing ways, that my brothers go to church.

I hope that I get a cool non-prof job after I graduate.

I hope that Sudan is freed from genocide.

I hope that my friends and loved ones are blessed and cared for, especially by me.

I hope.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Hey Allison, you don't know me, but i just wanted to say i really enjoy your blog. And in case you don't check back, I also wanted to let you know that i left you some thoughts on your 'Pilgrimage'.

I remember twenty-two ... I felt about seventeen then!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Deep peace and a blessed (belated) birthday to you, sister-friend.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for visiting my blog! Sorry if this comment comes to you late - I sometimes forget that I have this blog, and that others actually look at it. I appreciate your attention, and your appreciation. (:

Peace to you,
Allison

5:47 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Thanks for your thanks! I'm still weighing in every now and then to see if the the Chapel Unchanged will change ... No new interesting musings?

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home